Sunday, November 1, 2009

70 Degrees and sunny, or as we call it in Pueblo, "November"

I'm almost ready to turn the air on in the condo. A beautiful, sunny day, hard to believe motorists were stranded in the blizzard three days and an hour north ago. Pee-wee football next door at the middle school. The seven-year-olds are playing each with one pink sock, in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Hear the giggles, "she said 'breast'". It's been Upset Sunday for the NFL, although Denver has done so much better than any of us anticipated when we found out our new coach was all of 32 and we were getting Chicago's quarterback??? Broken toes are healing, back muscles still strained. Geriatric kitties sleeping, one snoring. I awoke this morning with the typical 5:30 AM (Standard time, as of this November 1st) worry about the future and when I ask for help, He replies, "Do not worry about tomorrow, today has enough worries of its own".
Oh, I forgot.
I can be nuts about the lack of retirement funds, or the state of the econcomy, or how I'm going to survive this layoff at my age in my field in this small town, and if Congress will actually pass a health care reform bill that will meet all of our needs, and I determine that I will relax, listen to the still, small voice inside and know He holds my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

Share |