Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Republicon Eats Foot, No One Surprised

Cry me a river. I’ve got your class warfare right here.

Add John Fleming, a Republican congressman from Louisiana, to the growing, bipartisan list of relatively well-off politicians who may want to revisit the way they discuss their income in public.

During an MSNBC interview to discuss why Fleming opposes President Obama's tax increase on those earning more than $1 million per year, host Chris Jansing said that Fleming has an income of more than $6 million. Fleming quickly corrected her, saying he actually takes in a fraction of that gross amount--about $600,000.

"The amount that I have to reinvest in my business and feed my family is more like $600,000 of that $6.3 million," Fleming explained. "So by the time I feed my family I have, maybe, $400,000 left over to invest in new locations, upgrade my locations, buy more equipment."

Rep. John Fleming fields criticism over 600K income | The Ticket - Yahoo! News

Hamster Butt

Let them eat cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

Share |