Sunday, April 4, 2010

My Pretty Girl

Taffy

I've posted this pic before, but it's my favorite one of her. I made a snap decision yesterday when she could not be comforted yesterday morning. My vet visits the house, which was my plan for putting her to sleep, but he wasn't available yesterday so I took her to a walk-in clinic. They were very sweet. She was cranky, growling at me and tried to bite the vet. He wanted to put a towel over her head so he could administer the shot, but I held her instead. She went very quickly, in seconds.
It will be easier on everyone, most of all Taffy as with all the cat management I did day and night, I still couldn't keep her safe from the Grey One who attacked her when my back was turned.
She was so pretty, purred easily and ate like a horse. In the end, after 20 years, she was lame, deaf and had stopped grooming herself. Existing, not really living.
Although I will stop crying sometime next week, I was with her until the very end and I wish we could be so helpful to the elder humans in our society. Good thing I don't have any readers, because I'm sure that would generate some nasty comments.
Anyway, thanks to the Lord for letting me know when it was time, and thank you also, Jesus, on this Easter Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

Share |